Born in Calais, in the north of France, Bettina Ygolinsky grew up in Villefranche sur Saone, in the Rhone region of France. She graduated in 2016 with an MBA in International Hotel Management from Vatel Lyon and was directly hired to manage all the restaurant services at the Novotel Samui Resort Chaweng Beach Kandaburi in Thailand.
THREE HASHTAGS THAT DESCRIBE YOU:
#hard-working #ambitious #fun-lover
"Work hard, play hard" defines me perfectly, as here, to manage Thai employees, you need to put lots of fun into working.
BEST MEMORIES OF YOUR THEORETICAL COURSES AT VATEL:
English and the role games we played for our professional simulations
BEST MEMORIES OF YOUR PRACTICAL COURSES AT VATEL:
The wine-tasting events in our Wine Vintages course! I’m really fond of wine and I loved learning about how to recognize what we were having.
YOUR BEST INTERNSHIP MEMORY:
The employees’ party at the Eden Rock Saint Barth at Nikki Beach. I’m a hard worker, but I love parties and I loved this internship.
YOUR JOB IN A FEW WORDS:
A manager for one or several F&B outlets is involved in all operations that take place in these spaces. You have two goals: satisfying your customers and turning them into repeats. You work closely with the rooms division, adapting menus and promotions depending on the different nationalities checked in at the hotel.
YOUR 2 MAIN HANDS-ON MISSIONS:
- Supervision of daily F&B operations (Breakfast, lunch, dinner)
- All relations with our guests and managing any complaints
YOUR 2 MAIN MISSIONS IN THE OFFICE:
- Creating and promoting, in different languages, our F&B events (cocktails of the month, international dinners, national holidays, Thai festivals, etc.).
- Financial reports
NUMBER OF PERSONS SUPERVISED:
Our F&B spaces employ 30 people, all Thai.
3 QUALITIES OFA GOOD MANAGER FOR THIS LINE OF WORK:
- Knowing how to communicate
- Knowing how to listen
- Knowing how to delegate
3 SUBJECTS TAUGHT AT VATEL THAT YOU USE EVERY DAY:
- Management courses that helped me identify everyone’s strong and weak points
- English which gives me the opportunity to communicate with everyone who works in the hotel
- Finance which allows me to draw up reports and forecasts
THREE THINGS YOU LOVE ABOUT THAILAND:
- Learning and speaking Thai
- Living on the seaside
- Taking trips to neighboring countries